Thursday 11 October 2012

Questions answered.


I was offered a liebester blog award by Being Penny Wise, but as I already have one, it is not so fair that I get another. But I thought that I would answer her questions anyway, for a bit of fun.


1. Why did you start blogging?

Like most people, I started as a sort of diary for myself, logging all the progress I wanted to make on my quest for moving house and living a completely new and different lifestyle. It is a great great bonus that so many people have wanted to share the journey with me find my poor offerings interesting enough to want to share. Last count I had 94000 page views and 190 followers and yesterday I had 900 page views alone, although I think this must have been a one off as I am more used to about 400 a day. It is humbling that so many people like it.

2. What’s been the best thing about 2012?

Well I think you all know the answer to that, it was moving here and starting my new journey.

3. What are your hopes for 2013?

Sorting my life out! By that I mean deciding what I actually want to do with the rest of it.

4. What has been your greatest achievement thus far?

I suppose it has to be one moment in my career, when I got to sing a lead role at the Hermitage Theatre in St Petersburg and the Latvian State Opera. It was a great part to play and the most wonderful experience I have ever had. If I never sing again it will stay with me as my best moment in an up and down career.

5. Have you a favourite recipe/meal?

So many, I am a self confessed greedy man. I love food, I get great pleasure from it. I even try to always sit down at a laid table and make a real thing of it, even when I am by myself. If I have a most treasured meal/recipe, it is probably my granny's meat and potato pie. When I was a boy she used to make if for me as a special treat because she knew I loved it. The touching part of it was that when I was a teenager I asked her for the exact recipe, and she said that she had better give it straight away because she wouldn't be able to soon. Unknown to me she was to deteriorate with alzheimers very rapidly after that and lost all communicative abilities and I always thought that it was as if she knew.

6. Do you enjoy the rain?

Yes, I really do. The thing I don't like is the rain and the cold combined.

7. What’s the strangest thing about you?

My reclusive tendencies

8. If you could have a superpower?

Invisibility.

9. Cats or Dogs (or neither)?

Both.

10. What web browser do you use?

Depends on what I am doing. Right now, I am using google chrome, but it is a pain in the arse with some things. So I use opera and sometimes Mozilla too. The one I never use is IE.

11. Are you a hot and spicy flavours or subtle country flavours person?

Oh, I am a hot and spicy man. Food wise, I like both.

7 comments:

  1. Dan, I am telling you off now. You were given the award beacuse you deserve it ! Ant and Dec win the same award every year so can you ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, ok, thank you, I am duly chastised and accept! :-)

      Delete
  2. You have the most interesting life and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your blog, it does make a change to have a hot, spicy man as opposed to the many lovely ladies who have equally interesting blogs I hasten to add.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeedy.. we like our few precious men to spice up our bloggy world!

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, it is a female dominated past time isn't it, or does that just mean that women are naturally more frugal than men?

    ReplyDelete